Existence of Motorola X-Phone Confirmed by Motorola Job Listing
It’s now safe to say the mythical Motorola X does in fact exist. A nice little job posting on LinkedIn confirms the existences of this highly anticipated device as Motorola searches for a Senior Director Product Management (even though they spelled it Managment), X-Phone.
Motorola could have easily listed the position simply as Senior Director Product Management, but they made it a point to include the X-Phone at the end. I’d call that a nice little tease.
You won’t find any device information in the job listing, but we’ll post it in its entirety for your curious eyes.
Next Generation SmartPhone Platform
Scope of Responsibility/Expectation:
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, is breaking through the barriers that separate people from the things they love. We’re designing technology that connects seamlessly so consumers have the best content at their fingertips, every second of every day. TV, talk, text, email and web surfing – we’re putting people at the center of it all. It’s what we call a Motorola Powered future and we’re making the devices that do more, so people can do more.
• Lead cross-functional teams in product organization, definition of deliverables, schedule, status reporting and successful completion for current and future mobile initiatives
• Collaborate with key functional areas to ensure contributions align with product strategy and road map
• Work with the marketing product planning team to validate hardware and software capabilities as well as provide a high level schedule for future products
• Manage the product customization requirements for hardware, software, packaging and application development with respect to launching products with carrier customers
• Create and manage detailed schedules for all new products and the maintenance releases on existing products
• Manage the customization and commercialization of products for new and existing wireless operator customers. Projects occur along all stages of the product lifecycle from concept development, to technical evaluation, to technical approval, launch, and sustaining activities (relocated from below)
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional global teams to assure the successful development and execution of the products
• Collaborate and build long-term relationships with customer’s program management, offer managers, product managers, marketing, sales operations, engineering and customer care to execute a successful launch
• Communicate openly and provide regular updates to team members, peers and senior management regarding product launches and initiatives, this will include risk assessment and monitoring to understand vulnerabilities and contingency planning to product launch planning
Basic Qualifications – Years of Experience: 6+years of mobile device experience with a proven record of successful launches
Desired Skills & Experience
• BA or BS Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent related experience
• 6-10+ years of professional work in product or technology management, handset manufacturing and telecom including but not limited to; product development, product management, process alignment, technology development, business development, product marketing, sales operations and research & development, and design
• Demonstrated top tier performance at all levels of academic and professional career stages
• Proven track record of delivering product hardware and software solutions